Comments are moderated, which means they won’t appear until an admin approves them. Not all comments will be approved; if you want yours to be approved, don’t be unpleasant. More specifically, we won’t allow any of the following:
- Obvious trolling.
- Obvious spam.
- Racism, sexism, homophobia, or any sort of bigotry. We take this very seriously. Comments of this nature will result in a lifetime ban.
- Short, unqualified criticism on the profiles, e.g. “This sucks,” or “I don’t like it.” (Or, Peter’s favorite, “I don’t get it.”) You’re allowed to dislike what you dislike, but this isn’t a platform for your bitterness.
- Comment wars or slapfights of any kind. Grow up.
- Off-topic political discussion. The operative word here is “off-topic.” You can discuss politics as far as it relates to art and photography, but our comments section is not the place to copy and paste your manifesto.
- Categorical hostility towards photography or its practitioners.
If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at profilesinphotography [at] gmail [dot] com.