(Hi, folks. I’m not sure how you got here, since I took the link to this page off of the main page, but please note that as of August 2021, Profiles in Photography is no longer active and comments are turned off. All of the following is no longer relevant. —Ed.)
Comments are moderated, which means they won’t appear until an admin approves them. Not all comments will be approved; if you want yours to be approved, don’t be unpleasant. More specifically, we won’t allow any of the following:
- Obvious trolling.
- Obvious spam.
- Racism, sexism, homophobia, or any sort of bigotry. We take this very seriously. Comments of this nature will result in a lifetime ban.
- Short, unqualified criticism on the profiles, e.g. “This sucks,” or “I don’t like it.” (Or, Peter’s favorite, “I don’t get it.”) You’re allowed to dislike what you dislike, but this isn’t a platform for your bitterness.
- Comment wars or slapfights of any kind. Grow up.
- Off-topic political discussion. The operative word here is “off-topic.” You can discuss politics as far as it relates to art and photography, but our comments section is not the place to copy and paste your manifesto.
- Categorical hostility towards photography or its practitioners.
If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at profilesinphotography [at] gmail [dot] com.